Thursday, January 8, 2015

About Me

I was raised Christian and still very much believe in God and Jesus.  My family, though not extremely religious has always instilled God in my life and the teachings of the Bible.  They have taught me what is right and wrong, moral values, and the ten commandments.  Christianity has been in my heart and will never leave me.

I met my husband while in the Peace Corps and living in Muslim country, Mauritania.  My husband is Muslim and there are so many things that are right in his religion also.  We have many similarities in our religions.  The belief in one God, or Allah, is just one of many.  I do believe Mohammad came to the world and brought change with him.  My thoughts are that Mohammad and God saw sin and Mohammad was a way to bring morals to society once again. 

Judaism was the beginning of both of those religions and was what Jesus himself was raised.  Therefore, if you believe in Christianity and Islam, then you must believe in Judaism also.

Then there are the many Christian sects.  Catholicism, Protestant, Baptist, and so many more.  They are the same and use the same Bible.  Just different interpretations and opinions on one word.  But ultimately, all encompass Christianity.

Finally, Buddhism, which has been a recent fascination.  I am drawn to the serenity and beauty of this calm religion.  And I believe in the truths of Buddhism and meditating, though difficult, does bring a peace of mind. 

There are many more religions that I haven't mentioned and know little about.  But as my discovery of Omnism continues, I hope to find them to be as true as I do the ones I am already familiar with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment